Town of Bardejov – the town of Bardejov is historic district town which is from the year of 2000 part of UNESCO World heritage list. The first written mention of this town is coming back to the year of 1241. This town was important business town on the way between Baltic and Black see. Town these days has a nice main square as well as its conservation reserve was inscribed to the UNESCO World heritage list. The Jewish history is also unforgettable part of history of town with synagogue, cemetery and Holocaust memorial.
Bardejov and surroundings
About This Project
Bardejov spa region – a few kilometres north from the town of Bardejov, there is another place which to visit. Bardejov spa has also long history and first mention from 1247. The main benefit of this spa resort are healing mineral springs. Each spring has different composition and therefore is recommended for various relief of stomach problems and various illnesses connected with internal organs. Presently resort can offer modern accommodation, facilities as well as wellness procedures.
Wooden church Hervartov – south of Bardejov is located the Roman catholic church of st. Francis of Assisi. The wooden church was built in the late of 15th century and is among the oldest one in Slovakia. It is made of red spruce. The construction consists of polygonal sanctuary, ship and sacristy. The interior has undergone several changes in the decoration, especially through the period of Reformation where in 1665 wall paintings were added. In 2008, church along with another 7 wooden churches in the Slovakia (called Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area) was inscribed on the UNESCO World heritage list.